COVID-19 Update

COVID-19 Update

LPYSA Update Regarding COVID-19 and impact on the Spring 2020 season

 

 

Update #4: Friday, May 8, 2020

Yesterday, Charles County Parks and Recreation decided to cancel the Spring 2020 soccer season.  This really comes as no surprise, as the end result seemed inevitable, but it is still sad to say the least.  The LPYSA Board has been in frequent contact with each other during this time, and we have a plan in place that will be discussed in more detail below.  Also, I reached out to the County this morning, trying to receive approval for “open play” nights during the summer.  Of course, this would all be predicated on the current rules of the Governor and County, but we are trying to offer an option to get our kids back on the field.  Our hope is that this programs would begin in June, but will adjust accordingly based upon the circumstances.  We will share more information as it become available.  Please encourage your children to continue with the at home drills and practice sessions we shared a couple of weeks ago.  Those sessions will not only keep them active, but it will certainly go a long way in preparing them for the Fall season.  Please continue to take care of yourselves during this time.  For the Board, we truly appreciate your patience and understanding during this unique time. 

Registration options are as followed

· Preferred - Roll your registration over to the Fall 2020: We will roll over all registrations to the Fall starting May 15th. All players/families registered will receive an email from our registration system ‘inviting’ them to the Fall 2020 season. When you receive the email, please select ‘Accept’; and then you will be directed to our registration site. You’ll go through registration and when you check out the balance will be ‘$0 due’. We’ll include more information and directions before we send the email out on the 15th. *Note – players age up in the Fall so your child may be playing in a new age group.*

· If your child is not returning in the Fall 2020, please email our registrar at registrar@lpsoccer.org before May 15th to request a refund ($85.00)

For Rec Plus players, the LPYSA Board has decided to refund $100 dollars to each player.  Although we charge $135 each for the Fall and Spring seasons, the breakdown of costs for Rec Plus is $70 for the uniform, $100 for the Fall season, and $100 for the Spring season.  We are refunding the cost of the Spring season to each player.  This refund will happen automatically but may take a few weeks to process.

Please reach out to Ryan Mudd (president@lpsoccer.org) or Carrie Holt (webmaster@lpsoccer.org) for additional questions or issues.

 

Update #3: Thursday, March 26, 2020 

After a second conference call with the County, I wanted to provide you all with another update regarding the Spring 2020 season.  At this time, the plan is to begin practice on Monday, April 27th when school is supposed to return to session.  Until that time, all practice and game sites are closed.  The County is trying their hardest to provide a program this season, but due to the fluidity of the situation, they simply cannot provide any definite dates or a specific plan moving forward.  Another update will probably be made available by the middle of April.    LPYSA is currently discussing how we will proceed if the season is canceled in regards to refunds or rolling credits to the Fall season.  We will not address this issue until the County officially makes a final decision themselves.  As the weather hopefully begins to warm up, please encourage your kids to go outside and practice as much as they can.  Have fun with it and encourage them to challenge themselves.  Google “individual soccer drills” for your specific age group as there are a ton of resources out there. We are all hoping to see you soon. Thank you for your patience in these odd and uncertain times.  Please stay safe and healthy. 

 

For the LPYSA Board,

Ryan Mudd, LPYSA President

 

 Update #2: Friday, 3/13/2020

Families

We have received an updated from the county. Given the current health concerns surrounding Coronavirus (COVID19) and the recent notice from Governor Larry Hogan to close public schools from March 16 - March 27, 2020, Charles County Public Schools has withdrawn our practice permits for CCBOE Schools for the same time period. LPYSA does not have any access to fields until at least Monday, March 30.
LPYSA has decided to suspend ALL club activities to include team trainings/practices, games, and tournaments effective immediately through Friday March 27, 2020 at the earliest.

Charles County Parks has postponed all activity indefinitely. This applies to all LPYSA related programs. We will be evaluating conditions daily to determine when to reinstate Club activities. We will communicate with you via email, website and Facebook as we have updates.
We continue to be hopeful that our kids will get to play a FULL spring season. If you have questions or issues, please reach out.
Thanks for your patience and understanding.

 

Update #1:   Thursday 3/12/2020

 

Hello all. 

We are closely monitoring and collaborating with Charles County Parks staff, CCBOE, our leagues and our state organization, MSYSA regarding how we will address the impact of COVID-19 virus on our club.

Many tournaments for this upcoming weekend have been cancelled. Please reach out to your coaches to confirm. We are scheduled to open Monday for practices at this time but this situation is very fluid.  We do expect further impact to our club in the coming days.   Please monitor our club website, Facebook and your email for further developments.

Thanks for understanding.